Bio.kitchen | Beginners Microbiology
BK-002 | [D]
Leider stehen derzeit keine freien Plätze zur Verfügung.
Gerne kannst du dich zu diesem Kurs in die Warteliste eintragen.
Alternativ kannst du diesen Kurs als Gruppen- oder Firmenworkshop individuell buchen (6-10 Teilnehmer). Zur Anmeldung schicke bitte eine E-Mail an Vincent Zenkner / .
The study of microbiology is as old as mankind - practices such as growing yoghurt cultures or fermenting wine have been in use for thousands of years. Reconnect with the age-old wisdom of managing the microbial zoo, the modern way, in the Bio.Kitchen lab.
Our pet strain is the harmless gut bacteria 'Escherichia coli'. You will be guided step-by-step through a “hello world” experiment, growing your own bacteria on a petri dish and sumultaneously learning how to orient yourself in the laboratory. We will teach you how to use pipettes, and cultivate microorganisms in a sterile environment, as well as give you ideas of other projects you can do in a modern molecular and microbiology lab, such as extracting and reading DNA.
[ONLY AVAILABLE TO TUM STUDENTS, BOOKING INFORMATION UNDER 'COSTS']
- 18 years
- Pregnant woman are not allowed to enter the lab due to potential health risks.
- Closed shoes and full-length trousers must be worn in the workshop at all times. You will be denied access to the BioKitchen in case of non-compliance.
- It is strongly recommended that you take the Biosafety Introduction course before attending any other courses in the lab.
Notes on Booking
- Please ensure that you have a voucher for this course, and you copy it in the voucher field after clicking on 'JETZT BUCHEN'.
- No liability for the accuracy of the information provided. Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- Please maintain an up-to-date user profile, so that you can be contacted in case of any changes.
- If you would like to participate in this workshop, contact Rudiger Trojok (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a free voucher! Or simply come by on our open day, Mondays from 14:00-19:00 and get one.
- This course is conducted by UnternehmerTUM/ETE, and does not grant the participant access to MakerSpace.