Bio.kitchen | SynBio 1: Copying DNA
BK-004 | [D]
Leider stehen derzeit keine freien Plätze zur Verfügung.
Gerne kannst du dich zu diesem Kurs in die Warteliste eintragen.
Alternativ kannst du diesen Kurs als Gruppen- oder Firmenworkshop individuell buchen (6-10 Teilnehmer). Zur Anmeldung schicke bitte eine E-Mail an Vincent Zenkner / .
In our first Synthetic Biology Workshop, you will learn how to copy DNA with the help of thermocycler machines and heat stable enzymes. Printed fragments of DNA will be used to amplify a piece of synthetic DNA and then visualised using a fluorescent chemical gel. With this method you can trace antibiotic-resistant genes, detect GMOs in food or identify people based on their genome profiles. This workshop is hosted together with Oxgen.
In our subsequent workshops, we will show you how to synthesize DNA (Synbio 2) and how to synthesize proteins in cell free extracts (Synbio 3). We strongly recomment that participants attend the Beginners Microbiology [BK-001] prior to attending this workshop.
- 18 years
- Pregnant woman are not allowed to enter the lab due to potential health risks.
- Closed shoes and full-length trousers must be worn in the workshop at all times. You will be denied access to the BioKitchen in case of non-compliance. It is strongly recommended that you take the Biosafety Introduction course before attending any other courses in the lab.
Notes on Booking
- Please ensure that you have a voucher for this course, and you copy it in the voucher field after clicking on 'JETZT BUCHEN'.
- No liability for the accuracy of the information provided. Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
- Please maintain an up-to-date user profile, so that you can be contacted in case of any changes.
- If you would like to participate in a course you can contact Rudiger Trojok () for a free voucher! Or simply come by on our open days, Monday from 14:00-19:00 and get one.
- This course is conducted by UnternehmerTUM/ETE, and does not grant the participant access to MakerSpace.